Track Safety staff work under the direction of the Safety Supervisor, Operations Manager, and Operations Director. Track Safety staff (Fire/Rescue) will be exposed to hot, cold, and inclement weather conditions.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to function in a stressful environment
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Firefighting and Rescue certifications/licenses preferred.
- Operate pump and hose.
- Operate hydraulic tools.
Emergency Services licenses from SCCA, FIA, ACO, or other professional sanctioning body preferred.
These responsibilities are intended as a general illustration of the work performed in this job classification and are not all inclusive for this position. Items listed are your priority, but do not exclude you from offering assistance to all Pitt Race programs/employees when they are in need.
- Communicate via two-way radio
- Ensure compliance with fire, safety, and security standards.
- Learn and maintain knowledge of race vehicle towing procedures.
- Drive an emergency vehicle and perform fire\rescue duties.
- Assist in delivering emergency medical care.
- Prepare incident reports, including records of weather conditions, emergency medical treatmentsperformed, and other relevant incident information.
- Maintain equipment in a clean and orderly manner.
- Adhere to Pitt Race dress code and all safety standards for dress.
- Properly utilize all required personal protective equipment.