The Retail Merchandiser is a full-time employee responsible for the sourcing, purchasing, and placement of products within the Pitt Race Pro Shop. This position reports to the Marketing / PR Manager and works closely with the Marketing Assistant and Sales Director to ensure that marketing and sales strategies are in sync. The Retail Merchandiser also schedules and supervises Pro Shop staff in order to ensure proper coverage and customer service.
- Bachelor’s in Business, Merchandising, Management, Hospitality or related experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- Familiarity with spreadsheets and basic accounting skills in order to track trends.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer service experience.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Self-motivated, driven, and competent individual.
- Supervisory experience.
- Business awareness in regard to time and cost constraints.
- Willingness to have flexible work hours, including weekends, and available for communications during weekends.
- Knowledge of the motorsports industry is useful., but not required.
These responsibilities are intended as a general illustration of the work performed in this job classification and are not all inclusive for this position. Items listed are your priority but do not exclude you from offering assistance to all Pitt Race programs/employees when they are in need.
- Develop and implement the visual strategy for displaying products in the Pro Shop, including the use of retail psychology to best display product.
- Coordinate with other departments and Sales Director to develop promotions and create products using Adobe suite.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all vendors and evaluate new vendors as necessary.
- Oversee Pro Shop inventory and maintain inventory report.
- Analyze sales trends and adjust product offering accordingly.
- Create and implement innovative ways to upsell products.
- Receive packages, reconcile packing slips, and distribute merchandise appropriately.
- Develop and implement customer service training.
- Work with appropriate department heads to hire and manage employees.
- Supervise subordinates and empower them to provide excellent customer service.
- Greet and assist customers throughout their shopping experience.
- Complete reservations for karting, garages, and electric.
- Answer phones and take messages or direct callers to the appropriate party.
- Know and perform MOD functions.