The Assistant Retail Manager maintains the retail store along with facility amenities and communications. This person is highly organized and customer service orientated. He/she will work closely with Operations, Accounting, and Sales while being managed by the PR / Marketing Manager and the Marketing Assistant.
If you excel in leadership, customer service, and organization, this will be the perfect job for you. Being a member of our team requires commitment, honesty, integrity, and dealing with the unpredictable.
- Retail experience of 2 – 3 years.
- BS in merchandising, business, or hospitality preferred.
- Supervisory experience is a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products or similar software.
- Experience with Adobe Suite or similar programs.
- Merchandising ability, creativity, and aptitude to display products.
- Self-motivated, organized, and great personal skills.
- Responsible and willing to be a team player.
- High integrity and trustworthiness
- Physical stamina to work long days and adapt to various environments.
These responsibilities are intended as a general illustration of the work performed in this job classification and are not all inclusive for this position. Items listed are your priority but do not exclude you from offering assistance to all Pitt Race programs/employees when they are in need.
- Maintain properly functioning retail operation and facilitate sales maximization.
- Accountable for the POS system and cash drawers.
- Proficient in resolving any customer or retail problems.
- Willing to ensure excellent customer service by making sure customer needs are met and exceeding their expectations.
- Analyze and determine the proper product mix.
- Research competitive products and propose and create new ideas and designs.
- Coordinate with the Pitt Race team to develop retail promotions, displays, and ideas.
- Maintain and track inventory and retail turns.
- Demonstrate great leadership skills within the retail team and assist with the hiring and training of new associates.
- Plan and prepare work schedules and assign tasks for your team.
- Take responsibility for the phone system and greeting guests and customers.
- Receive packages and ensure proper disbursement.
- Adhere to Pitt Race dress code and code of conduct and ensure adherence by the retail team.
Pittsburgh International Race Complex is a professional motorsports facility committed to creating a fun and friendly yet competitive environment that serves the needs of our customers, community, and employees.