Pro Shop Staff
Pro Shop staff work under the direction of the Marketing / Sales Director in the Pitt Stop Pro Shop. Most work will be performed indoors in a controlled environment, but Pro Shop retail staff may be exposed to hot, cold, and inclement weather conditions.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Strong verbal communication skills.
• Basic math skills.
• Familiarity with computers and/or tablet devices.
These responsibilities are intended as a general illustration of the work performed in this job classification and are not all inclusive for this position. Items listed are your priority, but do not exclude you from offering assistance to all Pitt Race programs/employees when they are in need.
• Greet patrons entering the Pro Shop.
• Operate POS system.
• Process debit, credit, and cash transactions.
• Request cash drop/exchange as necessary to maintain appropriate cash levels.
• Balance cash drawer at beginning and end of shift.
• Sell Pitt Race merchandise and other products.
• Maintain inventory at appropriate levels and notify manager of low stock.
• Become familiar with the Pitt Race calendar of events.
• Assist patrons with checking in for designated events.
• Organize and disperse registration packets, booklets, and/or other needed paperwork. • Check helmets for conformity with Pitt Race standards.
• Sell electric during designated events.
• Direct participants to appropriate facility locations and answer questions as necessary. • Answer facility phones as necessary in a professional and cordial manner.
• Forward calls to appropriate department or manager.
• Maintain work area in a clean and orderly manner.
• Adhere to Pitt Race dress code.
• Ensure compliance with safety and security standards.