Mechanics work under the direction of the Mechanical Supervisor to assist with the maintenance of facility vehicles, equipment, and karting fleet. Most work will be performed indoors, but mechanics may be exposed to hot, cold, and inclement weather conditions.
• Prior mechanical experience.
• Able to walk or stand for extended periods of time and lift at least 50 lbs.
• Willingness to work weekends as necessary.
• Valid driver’s license.
These responsibilities are intended as a general illustration of the work performed in this job classification and are not all inclusive for this position. Items listed are your priority but do not exclude you from offering assistance to all Pitt Race programs/employees when they are in need.
- Assist with the inspection and maintenance of vehicle supplies and equipment, such as gas, oil, water, tires, lights, and brakes.
- Perform routine and scheduled maintenance services, such as oil changes and tune-ups.
- Replace or repair worn, damaged, or defective mechanical parts.
- Inspect repaired vehicles for proper functioning and test drive vehicles to ensure proper alignment and handling.
- Service karts to maintain functionality and update ClubSpeed accordingly.
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean and orderly manner.
- Ensure compliance with fire, safety, and security standards.
- Adhere to Pitt Race dress code and all safety standards for dress.
- Properly utilize all required personal protective equipment.