Karting staff work under the direction of the Karting Operations Manager. Karting staff are constantly communicating with customers, other karting staff, and mechanics. Karting staff will be exposed to hot, cold, and inclement weather conditions.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Strong verbal communication skills.
• Ability to walk or stand for extended periods of time.
• Ability to function in a stressful environment.
• Ability to lift at least 50 lbs.
• Familiarity with computers and tablet devices.
• Valid driver’s license.
These responsibilities are intended as a general illustration of the work performed in this job classification and are not all inclusive for this position. Items listed are your priority, but do not exclude you from offering assistance to all Pitt Race programs/employees when they are in need.
• Become familiar with kart operation.
• Clean, prepare, and fuel karts for events and daily operating hours.
• Assist customers with registration process and with putting on helmets and neck braces.
• Deliver safety briefing before each session to explain principles, techniques, and safety procedures to participants and demonstrate use of materials and equipment.
• Utilize ClubSpeed operating system.
• Keep sessions continuing in a timely fashion.
• Assign participants to karts for each session.
• Direct customers to assigned karts.
• Pull-start karts for customers.
• Use color-coded flags to communicate track conditions.
• Communicate via two-way radios.
• Inspect karts routinely for low fuel, tire wear, tire pressure, etc.
• Report incidents, kart malfunctions, and needed repairs to mechanics and/or manager.
• Maintain the karting pit lane and other work areas in a neat and orderly manner.
• Become familiar with the Pitt Race calendar of events.
• Adhere to Pitt Race dress code and all safety standards for dress.
• Properly utilize all required personal protective equipment.