Housekeeping staff works under the direction of the Event Manager. Most work will be performed indoors in a controlled environment, but cleaning staff may be exposed to hot, cold, and inclement weather conditions.
• Ability to lift at least 50 lbs.
• Ability to walk or stand for long periods of time.
• Valid driver’s license.
These responsibilities are intended as a general illustration of the work performed in this job classification and are not all inclusive for this position. Items listed are your priority, but do not exclude you from offering assistance to all Pitt Race programs/employees when they are in need.
• Service, clean, and supply restrooms.
• Gather and empty trash.
• Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming.
• Clean windows, glass partitions, and/or mirrors.
• Dust furniture, walls, machines, or equipment.
• Clean and polish furniture and fixtures.
• Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
• Mix water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications.
• Requisition supplies or equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
• Maintain work area and equipment in a clean and orderly manner.
• Ensure compliance with fire, safety, and security standards.
• Adhere to Pitt Race dress code and all safety standards for dress.
• Properly utilize all required personal protective equipment.