Gate attendants work under the direction of the Events Manager. Gate attendants will be exposed to hot, cold, and inclement weather conditions.
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to walk or stand for extended periods of time
- Willingness to work with computers and/or tablets
These responsibilities are intended as a general illustration of the work performed in this job classification and are not all inclusive for this position. Items listed are your priority, but do not exclude you from offering assistance to all Pitt Race programs/employees when they are in need.
- Become familiar with the Pitt Race calendar of events
- Communicate with management via two-way radio or telephone to announce arrivals
- Ensure all guests sign track waiver
- Ensure all guardians of minors sign appropriate waiver
- Direct visitors to appropriate area of facility
- Collect gate fee for designated events
- Request cash drop/exchange as necessary to maintain appropriate cash levels
- Maintain work area in a clean and orderly manner
- Adhere to the Pitt Race dress code
- Ensure compliance with safety and security standards