Flagging and Communications
Flagging and Communications staff works under the direction of the Event Manager and Operations Director. Flagging and Communications staff (Corner Workers) will be exposed to hot, cold, and inclement weather conditions.
• 18 years of age or older.
• Ability to distinguish between different car and flag colors.
• Ability to focus for long periods of time.
• Ability to function in a stressful environment.
These responsibilities are intended as a general illustration of the work performed in this job classification and are not all inclusive for this position. Items listed are your priority, but do not exclude you from offering assistance to all Pitt Race programs/employees when they are in need.
• Complete CPR training.
• Provide visual communication (flagging) to drivers in a racing environment.
• Communicate verbally (via two-way radio) to race officials.
• Monitor track conditions to detect hazards.
• Provide first response assistance to injured and/or disabled drivers.
• Maintain work area and equipment in a clean and orderly manner.
• Ensure compliance with fire, safety, and security standards.
• Adhere to Pitt Race dress code and all safety standards for dress.
• Properly utilize all required personal protective equipment.