Pittsburgh International Race Complex (724) 535-1000
PITTSBURGH INTERNATIONAL RACE COMPLEX RESPONSE TO STATEWIDE MITIGATION
WAMPUM, Pa. (May 15, 2020) Starting May 22 Beaver County will transition from the red to the yellow phase of Governor Tom Wolf’s business resumption plan. Please continue to watch the Pitt Race Calendars for the most up to date information.
We will continue to list events as far into the future as possible in hope of holding as many programs as we can. Below is the proposed social distancing and mitigation efforts Pitt Race plans to have in place. Refund policies vary by program and should be considered prior to registering.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) issued guidance on visiting recreational facilities. These guidelines must be followed statewide by businesses and when engaging in an outdoor activity while the state disaster declaration remains in effect. The guidelines will ensure the safety of individuals and families engaging in outdoor activities and adherence will help slow the spread of COVID-19.
- Stay close to home: Pennsylvanians are encouraged to enjoy permitted outdoor recreational activities within their community and avoid crowding popular destinations.
- Practice social distancing: Maintain the recommended minimum 6 feet apart from fellow recreationists. Pennsylvanians are also encouraged to wear a mask or protective garment that covers the nose and mouth any time they go outside.
- Minimize risk to others: Individuals should only go out if they feel healthy and have not been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
- Practice good hygiene: Wash hands often with soap and warm water for 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use a hand sanitizer containing at least 60 percent alcohol. Avoid surfaces that are touched often, such as doorknobs and handrails.
- Have a plan: Create a safety plan before heading outdoors. Explain to children the need to keep their distance from others, even if they happen to see a friend while outside. Discuss with partners, social distancing. Think through how to avoid other runners when waiting to safely cross a street at the same time.
In accordance with the CDC guidelines Pitt Race is adding additional facility, operational, and participant guidelines. These are in effect until advised otherwise:
- IMPORTANT!! If you or any person you have been in contact with have not felt well, please stay home.
- Per state mandates, guests are required to wear a facemask that covers the mouth and nose at all time while on the facility
- Follow CDC guidelines for frequent handwashing, use of hand sanitizer, and continue to cover sneezes and coughs with your arm.
- We request that only necessary personnel attend the event with you. Spectators are not permitted.
- Guests should maintain the CDC recommended 6’ distance from others.
- Select a paddock area with sufficient distance away from other guests.
- Please observe the “stand here” distance guideline markings and cones
- Avoid person-to-person contact. Shaking hands and other similar contact is discouraged.
- Consider bringing a personal use pen for completing forms.
Consider bringing a personal supply of hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes. (PLEASE do not flush hand wipes down the toilet). We would appreciate everyone making sure their trash is placed in a proper trash disposal bin.
Pitt Race will be opening the facility in phases. Each phase will be announced as they pertain to the state mandates.